Sunday, March 30, 2014

Good morning Aggies! (SLC => Utah State)

I can't get over the jaw-dropping natural beauty of Utah.

I've lived in mountains before, but all the Instagram filters in the world can't capture the awe-inspiring palette of colors that make this place so incomparable.

Farr West, Utah - Dawn out the passenger window

At first, getting up before dawn to make the 2 hour drive up to Utah State University seemed like cruel and unusual punishment to a hardcore night owl, but was all forgiven once I glanced to my right out the passenger window and saw the world begin to explode with soft colors as the sun peaked out over the Rockies.

Got my first glimpse of the Great Salt Lake!

Rumble strips kept the car on the road for most of the 80 mile drive given I was helpless to pull my gaze off the mountains towering to my right that were constantly changing colors as the full orb of the sun revealed itself.

At Brigham City I veered into the mountains to begin the ascent up to Logan.

Dry Lake, Utah - That must be what frozen dryness looks like


















Still with stellar dawn lighting, each successive curve into the mountains revealed another valley more snow covered than the last until the road reach a small silent valley with a frost tinged lake in the middle.

Stick shift or not, I had to find a way to get the camera pressed against the windshield.

As I approached Logan, home to Utah State University, the sun kept playing hide-and-seek behind mountains and clouds extending this dreamlike dawn lighting for almost an entire hour.

Wellsville, Utah - I didn't want to leave the mountains, but it was time to get to work!

After an amazing morning drive, I finally made it to campus a little light headed - whether it was from the altitude or an hour on continuous amazement I'll never know.

Cotopaxi has arrived to Utah State!

It really wasn't fair; the students never stood a chance.

Normally at 9am, I'd still be a sleepy-eyed getting my bearings, but today I was amped up on nature and ready to spread the good word.

Cotopaxi is now at Utah State!


No comments:

Post a Comment